Thursday 16 October 2008

Banana Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Morsel Muffins

Do you have ripe bananas in your fruit bowl? Then look no further! These banana muffins are simply delicious and one of the easiest recipes, which is why I make them time and time again. I know I’ve blogged about them before but I’m not going to apologise for blogging them again. I love these muffins and so do my boys. They are perfect for breakfast on the run, which is really why I made them. My son didn’t have breakfast this morning; apparently he didn’t have time and was running late for college. As a mother I just hate the thought of him not having had breakfast, which is the most important meal of the day! So tomorrow he has no excuses but I doubt that he will have an issue grabbing a few of these to munch on the way to college, I’ve added swirled milk chocolate & peanut butter morsels, so try stopping him!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients
3 very ripe bananas
125ml vegetable oil
2 eggs
250g plain flour
100g caster sugar
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
150g dark/milk chocolate (white chocolate, butterscotch chips or peanut butter morsels)

Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan oven/gas mark 6 and line a 12-bun muffin tin with muffin papers.
Mash the bananas and set aside for a moment.Pour the oil into a jug and beat in the eggs.
Put the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a large bowl and mix in the beaten-egg-and-oil mixture, followed by the mashed bananas.
Fold in the chocolate morsels, then place equal quantities in the prepared muffin tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.



13 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

I love the cases - where are they from?! I can smell the muffins - they must taste delish

Maria said...

What a great mom!! I am sure the muffins will be gobbled up in no time. They look delicious and easy for on the go!

Maria♥ said...

Hi Beth
The cases are from the online place called Cakes, Cookies and Crafts Shop. I have attached a direct link to these cases and they have a 4 FOR 3 OFFER at the moment ;o) Thanks for the lovely comment.

http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/acatalog/Assorted-Cake-Cases.html

Maria, thanks ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

I always have bananas that need using in a bake and these muffins look perfect for this :) Your Son sure does have a great mum to bake him all these wonderful treats!

Rosie x

Deborah said...

I am always looking for new ways to use up bananas, since I seem to always have some extra! These sound delicious!

Anna's kitchen table said...

I love the way they look so well-risen and golden (and yummy of course!)
:-)

Finla said...

Wonderful muffins.
I saw today somewhere a muffin event, when i find it out were it is, i will give you the link

Maria♥ said...

Rosie he doesnt know how good he has it!!! ;o)

Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments.

Happy Cook thanks and please let me know!

Maria
x

Rhyleysgranny said...

Well that is simple. They look so delicious.
xxx

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Gorgeous! I am going to try these. I can't wait!

Maria♥ said...

Granny they couldn't be more simple ;o)

Holler, thanks and hope you try them soon!

Maria
x

Nic said...

Oh they look like beauties Maria - I'm always looking for new ways to use up manky bananas!

Reeni said...

Banana muffins are one of my favorite things. These look delicious!